I-News is currently seeking a smart, forward-thinking, enthusiastic person with excellent development and communication skills – who has a passion for democracy, community and the public’s right to know – to join our team as Development Director.
- Developing I-News’ annual fundraising plan
- Leading development and growth of I-News’ individual donor program
- Research to identify new individual, foundation, corporate and other prospects.
- Working with staff/board/volunteers to develop fundraising events
- Working with staff to prepare grant proposals and reports
Status: This is a flex-time contract position. It is envisioned as a part-time position.
Salary: Salary depends on experience.
Reports To: Executive Director
KEY TRAITS AND QUALIFICATIONS SOUGHT:
- You have a track record of success in fundraising/development for nonprofit organizations.
- You understand relationship-building, and have experience with major donors, prospect research and building and growing memberships.
- You love development and think it’s fun to help donors get involved in important projects.
- You have excellent oral communication, listening and interpersonal skills. You are known for your ability to tell a story.
Start date: As soon as possible.
TO APPLY: Please email the following to executive director Laura Frank: LFrank@iNewsNetwork.org
Please place DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR in subject line of the email.
- A cover letter explaining:
- How you found out about the position
- Why you’re interested in this position
- How you meet the qualifications/talents sought
- Why you’re passionate about journalism that makes a difference
- Your salary requirements
- Your resume
- A one-page listing of key development accomplishments, including annual fundraising figures that you have met
- A brief, relevant writing sample
- Three professional references